Detroit Lake Annual Fishing Derby: May 19-21, 2023
The 3 day event is gearing up with hundreds of prizes to win! Raffle drawings will be held Friday & Saturday at 6pm, grand prize drawing Sunday at 3pm.
The much anticipated Detroit Lake Fishing Derby is a wonderful annual family event hosted in Detroit, Oregon. The lake is stocked with thousands of rainbow trout and Kokanee each year. 10 of the fish are tagged for cash prizes. Please join us and get your FISH ON!!
Adult Entry Fee: $25 + Online registration fee
Child Entry Fee: $20 ( 13 years old and under) + Online registration fee
May 19, 2023 – 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (no early check ins)
May 20, 2023 – 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (no early check ins)
May 21, 2023 – 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (no early check ins)
Prize Ceremony: Sunday May 21, 2023 starts shortly after noon
Ways to Win:
- 14 and Over Adult Prize Category for largest fish caught- daily prize for largest fish caught that day – Sunday Prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places for the weekend.
- 13 and Under Child Prize category for largest fish caught- daily prize for largest fish caught that day – Sunday prizes for 1st , 2nd, 3rd, places for the weekend.
- First 400 registrations receive a free hat
- Every adult registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing.
- Every child registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing for a bicycle.
- Register once for all three days and receive one ticket for the grand prize drawing or register as many times as you want to receive a ticket for the grand prize Drawing for each registration.
Bring your ticket/online confirmation to the registration area at the two-bay fire station and you will receive a punch card. When you are finished fishing for the day, take your catch for the day to the Fish Clipping Station at registration area at the Civic Center to be clipped. Your card will be punched and you will receive a raffle ticket for each fish up to 5 tickets. Bring the card back each day, catch more fish, turn them in, get card punched and receive more raffle tickets (up to 5 per day). The maximum number of tickets per card is 15.
- New Kokanee entry details: 2 Kokanee = 1 punch on the fish punch card. Rainbow trout are 1 fish = 1 punch.
- These raffle tickets are good for the child and adult prizes.
- Only one punch card will be given to each person.
- Fish Clipping Stations will open 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Sunday. Please get fish in by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday to allow volunteers to clean up before ceremony which will begin at 3pm.
DLRABA members will be selling raffle tickets for donated items. Items can be seen near the registration booth.
Thank you to our 2023 Sponsors!
Platinum Level Sponsors
Pautzke’s Bait Co.
Gold Level Sponsors
Fireworks over the Lake Festivities – Friday June 30, Sunday July 3, 2023
- Party in the Park, Firework Fundraiser
- Food, Beverage and Fun Vendors
- Live Music TBA
- Pancake Feed (Proceeds to the Idanha-Detroit Fire Department)
- Golf Cart Parade
- 4 p.m. Family Kickball Game
- Dusk Fireworks over the Lake
Car Show TBA
THANK YOU to our 2022 firework sponsors – Siegmund Excavation & Construction, Davidson’s Masonry and Allied Rock.