Detroit Lake Fishing Derby
May 16th – 18th, 2014
May 16th 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
May 17th 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
May 18th 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Prizes will be awarded on Sunday, May 18th at 3:00pm! Thousands of dollars in cash and prizes!
You Must Be Present to Win!!!
There are multiple ways to win….
- Adult: $15 Per-Person-Entry fee, 13 and Under: $8 Per-Person-Entry fee
- 14 and Over Adult Prize Category
- 13 and Under Boys and Girls Prize Category
- First 400 registrations receive a free hat.
- Every adult registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing of the Smokercraft boat and trailer.
- Every kid’s registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing for a bicycle.
- Register once for all three days and receive one ticket for the grand prize drawing or register as many times as you want to receive a ticket for the grand prize drawing for each registration.
- Upon registration you will receive a punch card. When you are finished fishing for the day, take your fish downtown, to Kane’s Marina or Detroit Lake Marina to be clipped.The marinas also sponsor catch and release. Your card will be punched and you receive a raffle ticket for each fish up to 5 tickets. Bring the card back each day, catch more fish, turn them in, get your card punched and receive more raffle tickets (up to 5 per day). The maximum number of raffle tickets per card is 15. These raffle tickets are good for the boys, girls, and adult prizes including fishing poles for the kids.
- Only one fish punch card will be given to each person.
- Fish clipping stations will be be open 7am - 6pm Friday and Saturday, 7am – 2pm on Sunday.
- DLRABA members will be selling raffle tickets for donated items. Items can be seen near the registration table.
Registration is on Detroit Avenue next to City Hall.
DLRABA reserves the right to make any changes.
DLRABA is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
Fireworks Over the Lake
July 5th, 2014
Our huge fireworks display is held the first Saturday after July 4th each year. We have found that it seems to consistently rain the Saturday preceding July 4th. The Fireworks Over the Lake celebration seems to start early in the day as there is an air of anticipation that fills the Detroit community. People fill the day with boating, hiking, sunning, socializing and getting ready for an exciting evening. The show generally begins around 10:00pm after sunset.
Detroit Lake Water Ski Show
August 16th, 17th, 2014
We are introducing a new event for 2014! Portland Water Spectacular Show Ski Team has agreed to perform on three occasions this weekend with two hour long shows on Saturday and one on Sunday. The team is a non-profit all-volunteer organization who regularly performs in Oregon and California. Stay tuned for further details.
The Cruz-In at the Lake
September 20th, 2014
10:00am – 3:00pm
This one day event is geared for anyone who loves classic cars, motorcycles, or boats from the 30′s, 40′s, 50′s, 60′s, 70′s and beyond. Proud owners carefully transport their prized pieces of history to Detroit Avenue and visit with classic enthusiasts. Prizes are awarded in multiple categories!
Detroit Lake Mud Run
October 11th, 2014
9:00am – Finish
This is the event you’ve been waiting for! It’s overseen by the professional running event organizer Run Wild Adventures. This is an epic course with mud, rocks, water crossings, hills, trails, stumps and amazing scenery all taking place on the lake bottom of Detroit Lake in the Cascade Mountain Range! You will be a filthy mess after this event so plan to wear clothing and shoes you don’t mind ruining! A sense of adventure is strongly encouraged! This roughly 6-mile course will be well-marked, beginning and ending in front of Detroit City Hall. Pets are always welcome on leash. Awards are given in many categories based on age group and overall time.
For more details or to register, please visit www.runwildadventures.com. Hope to see you there!