The Detroit Lake Fishing Derby
May 15, 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
May 16, 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
May 17, 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Prizes will be awarded on Sunday, May 17 at 3:00 pm! Thousands of dollars in cash and prizes!
You Must Be Present to Win!!!
There are multiple ways to win….
- Adult: $15 Per-Person-Entry fee, 13 and Under: $8 Per-Person-Entry fee
- 14 and Over Adult Prize Category
- 13 and Under Boys and Girls Prize Category
- First 400 registrations receive a free hat.
- Every adult registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing of the Smokercraft boat and trailer.
- Every kid’s registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing for a bicycle.
- Register once for all three days and receive one ticket for the grand prize drawing or register as many times as you want to receive a ticket for the grand prize drawing for each registration.
- Upon registration you will receive a punch card. When you are finished fishing for the day, take your fish downtown, to Kane’s Marina or Detroit Lake Marina to be clipped.The marinas also sponsor catch and release. Your card will be punched and you receive a raffle ticket for each fish up to 5 tickets. Bring the card back each day, catch more fish, turn them in, get your card punched and receive more raffle tickets (up to 5 per day). The maximum number of raffle tickets per card is 15. These raffle tickets are good for the boys, girls, and adult prizes including fishing poles for the kids.
- Only one fish punch card will be given to each person.
- Fish clipping stations will be be open 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Friday and Saturday, 7:00 am – 2:00 pm on Sunday.
- DLRABA members will be selling raffle tickets for donated items. Items can be seen near the registration table.
Registration is on Detroit Avenue next to City Hall.
DLRABA reserves the right to make any changes.
DLRABA is a 501©(6) non-profit organization.
Summer Kick-Off: A Dam Good Time Wake Board Amateur Competition
June 13-14, 2015
Santiam Motor Sports and INT League are proud to sponsor and introduce this great new event to Detroit. This amateur tournament is open to participants of ALL ages and skill levels. It’s designed to introduce more people to wake boarding and wake surfing fun. Everyone is encouraged to participate! There will many prizes and registered participants will receive a goodie bag. We are looking for at least 75-100 participants and hope to make this an annual event. You can obtain more information at Oregon INT or Santiam Motor Sports Facebook pages. Register at www.intleague.com.
The Fireworks Over The Lake
July 11, 2015
10:00 pm approximately
Our huge fireworks display is held the first Saturday after July 4th each year. We have found that it seems to consistently rain the Saturday preceding July 4th. The Fireworks Over the Lake celebration seems to start early in the day as there is an air of anticipation that fills the Detroit community. People fill the day with boating, hiking, sunning, socializing and getting ready for an exciting evening. The show generally begins around 10:00 pm after sunset.
Detroit Lake Water Ski Show
July 25-26, 2015
This is a new event that was introduced in 2014! Portland Water Spectacular Show Ski Team has agreed to perform this weekend with a show on Saturday. The team is a non-profit all-volunteer organization who regularly performs in Oregon and California. The time is yet to be decided, stay tuned for further details.
The Cruz-In at the Lake
September 12, 2015
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
This one day event is geared for anyone who loves classic cars, motorcycles, or boats from the 30′s, 40′s, 50′s, 60′s, 70′s and beyond. Proud owners carefully transport their prized pieces of history to Detroit Avenue and visit with classic enthusiasts. Prizes are awarded in multiple categories!
First Annual Killer Fang Ride
September 19 – 20, 2015
In celebration of the newly designated Cascading Rivers Bikeway, a new cycling event has been developed! The Killer Fang Ride is a supported ride starting in Estacada, traveling through the Mt. Hood and Willamette National Forests to Detroit. Raging and rippling waters of the Clackamas and Breitenbush Rivers intersect with forested splendor enticing riders to ponder the wilderness, its beauty and inspiration. The ride is named after the famous Killer Fang Class IV rapids of the Clackamas River along the route.
This awesome ride transports you from Estacada to Detroit and back to Estacada for 70 miles each way or 140 roundtrip. Along the ride, there is a 3,125 foot climb from Estacada and when returning from Detroit there is a 1,985 foot climb. This is a supported ride which includes gear transportation, rest stops, refreshments, technical support, overnight accommodations and your meals!
This ride is limited to only 50 riders so register at the following:
Estacada Development Association
Connect with us on Facebook
Detroit Lake Shoreline & Riverside Clean-Up
September 26, 2015
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
In partnership with several other organizations, DLRABA will be assisting with the Detroit Lake Shoreline & Riverside Clean-Up. Join us for fall clean-up after the lake goes down. Bring your helping hands and we’ll provide gloves and trash bags. Dress for any weather as the event will occur rain or shine. Please see the Detroit Lake Clean-Up Flyer: Download PDF or View Page.
Love our lake and respect the river.
Food provided by Detroit Lake Recreation Area Business Association
Register to volunteer before the event by going to http://www.solv.org/get-involved/event-registration
Detroit Lake Mud Run
October 10, 2015
9:00 am – Finish
This is the event you’ve been waiting for! It’s overseen by the professional running event organizer Run Wild Adventures. This is an epic course with mud, rocks, water crossings, hills, trails, stumps and amazing scenery all taking place on the lake bottom of Detroit Lake in the Cascade Mountain Range! You will be a filthy mess after this event so plan to wear clothing and shoes you don’t mind ruining! A sense of adventure is strongly encouraged! This roughly 6-mile course will be well-marked, beginning and ending in front of Detroit City Hall. Pets are always welcome on leash. Awards are given in many categories based on age group and overall time.
For more details or to register, please visit www.runwildadventures.com. Hope to see you there!